State of Hawai'i Pre-Travel Testing Program:
Travelers who, prior to boarding the last leg/flight TO Hawai'i, provide written confirmation from a state-approved COVID-19 "trusted testing" facility of a negative test result from a test administered to the traveler in the US mainland, within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time (to Hawai'i) will be exempt from a 10-day mandatory quarantine (in Hawai'i). Other critical processes also apply so please read through all of the information below.
We cannot accommodate anyone in any accommodation type who....
1. Tests positive prior to departure from the US mainland gateway airport
2. Does not receive their test result prior to departure from the US mainland gateway airport
3. Does not successfully upload their test result and complete a State of Hawai'i Safe Travels account prior to departure from the US mainland gateway airport
DETAILS OF PRE-TRAVEL TESTING:
- Only test results from “trusted testing partners” approved by the Hawai'i State Department of Health will be accepted! All of the following testing partners provide state-approved tests, specifically, a “state approved COVID-19 test” means a WITNESSED FDA-authorized NAAT test processed through a CLIA certified lab, to determine the presence of active COVID-19 infection, that has been approved for use by the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
- Trusted Testing Partners VIEW BY CITY - Courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines, OR...
Travel Process Summary:
- AFC Urgent Care Portland, Oregon. All travelers ages five and up are able to visit their local AFC location, no more than 72 hours before their flight departure time in compliance with travel requirements, for a pre-travel COVID-19 test. A printed version of test results will be provided to the traveler(s) prior to leaving the AFC center.
- American Airlines at DFW
- American Samoa Department of Health at the Tafuna Health Center Clinic
- Atlas Genomics Seattle, Washington. Expedited same-day results are available for those travelers utilizing our Renton or Bellevue locations.
- Bartell Drugs in partnership with Alaska Airlines, Bartell Drugs offers testing at select locations. Tests available for ages five and older. Appointments are required at least one day in advance. Guaranteed results within 72 hours.
- Capstone Clinic State of Alaska: Capstone has six full-service health care facility locations on Alaska’s road system and at the Ted Stevens International Airport and numerous regional airports statewide.
- Carbon Health with Alaska Airlines. Recommended for Alaska Airlines passengers. Next day results. Tests available for ages five and older.
- CareNow Urgent Care at DFW with American
- CityHealth Urgent Care with Oakland Airport: CityHealth Urgent Care and its team of expert clinical staff and infectious disease physician consultants offer testing utilizing state-of-the-art Abbott Lab instrumentation for results in 15 minutes. Tests available for ages five and older.
- Clarity Lab Solutions as Clarity Mobile Ventures at LAX, terminal 6. Results within 24 hours. Recommended.
- Color with United Airlines for United Airlines passengers ONLY flying out of SFO. Recommended. Tests available for ages five and older.
- Costco/AZOVA at-home, observed FDA-authorized COVID-19 saliva rt-PCR
- Discovery Health MD Testing at DoubleTree Hotel at Southcenter Shopping Mall (south of Seattle) and now also available inside SEA (Seattle-Tacoma Sea-Tac) airport. Expedited same day or next day results and a choice of nasal swab or saliva test. Tests available for ages five and older.
- GoHealth Urgent Care at SFO with United. 15 Minute Results. Recommended.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing—with results in 15 minutes—is available at designated centers in the greater New York metropolitan area, the Portland, Oregon & Vancouver, Washington area, the San Francisco Bay Area, Hartford and South Eastern Connecticut, Winston-Salem and Charlotte, North Carolina, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Northwest Arkansas and Delaware. Testing also offered on Level 1 of the International Terminal at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
- Hawaiian Airlines using Worksite Labs & Vault
- Kaiser Permanente for members
- LetsGetChecked with American Airlines
- Oakland Airport with CityHealth Urgent Care
- United Airlines with Dignity Health-GoHealth Urgent Care at SFO
- University of Washington Medicine at community testing collection locations
- Walgreens Testing is available at no cost to eligible individuals who meet CDC criteria. Tests available for ages five and older. All drive-thru testing locations operate outdoors and patients do not leave their vehicles. Appointment required.
- Walmart with Quest Diagnostics
- WestPac Labs through select participating providers
- Worksite Labs Drive-Thru with Hawaiian Airlines at SFO and LAX (coming soon)
- VaultHealth.com May be seeing some delays in returning results due to high demand. At-home tests with real-time audio-visual supervision are available with Vault Health, the first FDA-authorized saliva test. Tests available for ages five and older. Tests are mailed with accurate results in 72 hours or less. Vault does not schedule in advance. You just log on when ready to test during their operating hours. We understand the wait-time for tests may be less than indicated upon initial log-in.
- VaultHealth with Hawaiian Airlines
- XpresCheck Airport based wellness center specializing in COVID-19 testing, currently BOS and JFK, swab or saliva, express service available.For travelers from Canada, the state is ONLY accepting a negative NAAT test from the following partners, and you must be flying with Air Canada or WestJet (as of December 9th, 2020). Please go to AirCanada and WestJet websites respectively to view details on each testing location.
- Alberta: Ichor Blood Services
- Alberta: Shoppers Drug Mart
- BC: PolyCan Health Centre Clinic
- BC: Ultima Airport Medical Clinic
- Coquitlam: LifeLabs at Bon Voyage Medical
- Ontario: Shoppers Drug Mart
- Ontario: LifeLabs
- Quebec: Biron
- Quebec: Dynacare
- Vancouver: Life Labs at Iridia Medical
- Vancouver: Life Labs at Care Point Medical ClinicCanadian guests, please be advised that you will need a PCR covid-19 test to taken with 72 hours of your return flight to re-enter Canada. Please see Canadian government websites for other details. PCR tests on Maui for travel back to Canada can be arranged with:
- CVS Health (Longs Drugs). Appointments may be scheduled up to two days in the future at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations. Tests available for ages 12 and older. Pre-registration required. More information at cvs.com/selfpaytesting.
- Minit Medical. Three clinics on Maui with drive-up testing available. Appointment required. More information at 808-667-6161 and minitmed.com
- Modo MD for at-home testing done by a medical professional. Tests start at $380 per person with expedited options for receiving your results. https://modomd.com/covid-19-testing/
- Children ages 4 and under do NOT need to get a COVID-19 test prior to travel. Children 5 and up MUST have a test.
- Travelers pay for the test cost at the time of testing. When scheduling your test be sure to select the self-pay option vs. trying for a test covered by insurance. Most insurance providers will not cover a test for travel. Doing so may cause your test results to not return prior to departure as required.
- All travelers must Aldo download the state’s Aloha Safe Alert app or another approved Google exposure notification app. This means that if you are coming from another state that has their own system and you have that on your phone already, all you need to do is come through and show it to the screeners at the Maui Airport upon arrival. Those who arrive on Maui and have not downloaded the app will be asked to download it. Learn more and Download the Aloha Safe Alert app here: https://www.alohasafealert.org
- Beginning May 4, 2021, all arriving passengers are required to take a mandatory secondary post-arrival rapid covid-19 test. The secondary test will be a rapid covid-19 test administered to passengers upon arrival at Maui’s Kahului Airport (OGG) and will be paid for by the County of Maui. Please be advised that this secondary test is IN ADDITION to the pre-travel covid-19 test discussed above. EXCEPTION FOR FULLY VACCINATED TRANSPACIFIC TRAVELERS: Maui County will provide an exception for FULLY VACCINATED transpacific travelers from the post-arrival SECONDARY covid-19 test requirement with PROOF OF VACCINATION. Fully vaccinated means receiving both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, plus completing 14 days after your final dose. Proof of vaccination means presenting your original CDC vaccination card or certificate of vaccination downloaded from the CDC’s Vaccination Administration Management Systems (VAMS).
- ALL CHILDREN AND ALL ADULTS, REGARDLESS OF AGE, MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED IN ADVANCE OF DEPARTURE from the mainland gateway airport via an account at Travel.Hawaii.gov. The account may be set up in advance, however it must be set up a minimum of 24 hours prior to travel. Within the Travel.Hawaii.gov account all travelers will also be required to complete a brief health survey within 24 hours of travel or at the same time as when you check in for your flight on-line. The last step will be uploading a negative test result to the Travel.Hawaii.gov account for everyone 5 years of age and up. Uploading test results must be done as soon as you receive the results and no later than upon boarding your departure flight for Hawai'i. Children 17 years of age and younger may be included in a parent or guardian's "Safe Travels" account. You will need to know the street address for your accommodation and our firm's name and contact information to complete your profile.
Fly direct to Maui! Schedule a direct flight instead of connecting in Honolulu (HNL) to avoid having to go through arrival screening twice and to avoid having to create 2 separate QR codes. Please do not leave the airport or otherwise "layover", because doing so will trigger a quarantine or other complications. We will not refund private accommodation payments should you have to leave the state or go into quarantine at a hotel.
If renting a resort villa! Upon arrival in Hawai'i you will need to have ready all of the following information to show at the airport and again upon check in at your accommodation. Be sure to have printed and available all of the following:
- Your accommodation name and address, contact information for your rental agent (us!), County of Maui Short-Term Rental (STR) Permit # (required for a licensed non-hotel zoned private home - specifically Sapphire Seas, Mango Surf, Moana Hideaway, Opal Seas, Coral Gardens, . Sea Shells Beach House, Wailea Sunset Bungalow, Wailea Sunset Estate, Coral Gardens Estate, Hawaiiana House, The Empress and others, are private homes with hotel-zoning and they do not have and do not need Maui County Short-Term Rental "STR" permits.
- QR code from the Safe Travels website showing your updated testing status as having been approved upon screening at the airport after arrival. Specifically, the "quarantine no/exempt yes" status should be showing and your accommodation will check that information upon arrival.
- A printed copy of your negative COVID-19 test result
- Vaccination certificate (if applicable)
- Travelers should expect thermal temperature scanning during travel. Travelers with fever over 100.4 will undergo additional screening.
- You will also be asked to complete a Department of Agriculture declaration form on-board your flight.
- Masks or appropriate face coverings are mandatory within airports, on airplanes, and in all public spaces including shared swimming pools and all common areas within resorts.
- Please wear your face covering throughout the check in and greeting process until our staff leave your accommodation. Rent a private home and "go bare" as no facial coverings are required after check in at your own private home.
- Hawaiian Airlines testing information. https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/VaultTestKit
- State of Hawaii Department of Health: Phone 1-855-599-0888 (10am-10pm Hawaii Standard Time)
- County of Maui COVID-19 Help Line: Phone 1-808-270-7855 (8am-7pm Monday-Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday-Sunday Hawaii Standard Time)
- Official Information Sites: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS/FAQ, HAWAII STATE COVID-19 TRAVEL DETAILS and HAWAII TOURISM AUTHORITY and ADDITIONAL FACTS AND GUIDANCE RELATED TO THE SAFE TRAVELS PROCESS
PEACE OF MIND IN PARADISE PLAN: